Looking for a new breakfast idea that isn’t mushy weetabix or dry toast? Perfect for either a winter warm up or Christmas morning treat and semi easy to make (come on, give it a go).
192g wholemeal flour
100g rolled oats
2 tspn cinnamon
1 tspn vanilla extract
2 egg whites
125g of milk
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tspn of baking powder
1/2 tspn of baking soda
Berries or fruit for topping
1. Combine the flour, rolled oats, egg whites, baking powder, baking soda and brown sugar in a bowl, then gradually add the milk to make a semi thick mixture.
2. Once the mixture is combined, add the cinnamon and vanilla extract.
3. Heat some butter in a pan and gradually add the mixture. Be sure to keep the gas on a low heat so it doesn’t burn.
4. Flip the pancake to cook the other side until brown.
5. Add either syrup, honey or jam (any work amazingly) and then top with berries or banana for a healthy breakfast treat.