With it being after Christmas and all that ‘new year, new me’ shabang, I was of course craving something sweet. So instead of running to tesco to grab the immense amount of chocolate on offer, I decided to whip up a batch of fruity muffins to kill the craving and not feel that bad about it.
But then I had loads of mixture left over so I added a teeny bit of chocolate powder and ended up with chocolate muffins – oops
Yummy though 🙂 try them!
250g of self raising flour
85 grams of light clover
200ml of semi – skimmed milk
145g of caster sugar
1 tspn baking soda
2 large eggs
1 tspn vanilla extract
Fruit or cocoa powder (optional )
1. Mix the self-raising flour, caster sugar and baking soda together.
2. Melt the butter and then mix in with the eggs and milk in a separate bowl to the dry ingredients.
3. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix until a batter is formed. Then add the vanilla extract.
4. Next add any extra of your choice. If you’re going for berries like me make sure they’re just chilled not frozen and fold them into the mixture. If you’re going for chocolate, add 2 dessert spoons of cocoa powder and stir in.
5. Spoon a decent sized amount into each muffin case, in a muffin tray and bake for 15 minutes on 180 (or round about there).
6. Test to see if they’re done by putting a knife in to see if it comes out clean and then place on a wire rack to cool.
They look a bit dodgy but the flavour isn’t half bad and they’re semi healthy too! 🙂