Spag bol is probably the best feel good meal there is out there and it absolutely sucks that it’s a tad full of calories! However with this recipe you can decrease that in pretty much every which way and still have the most satisfying meal to date.
Ingredients: feeds 4
500g of lean beef mince with 5% fat
Wholemeal pasta or spaghetti
1 jar of light Dolmio Bolognese Sauce
2 cloves of garlic
1 red onion
3 rashers of unsmoked bacon
Reduced fat garlic bread (if you’re feeling risky)
Salad leaves or spinach for extra added goodness.
1.Chop the onion, mushrooms and garlic into pieces and place to one side as these will be added to your spag bol later.
2. Measure out how much pasta you want and start boiling It on a low heat.
3. Heat some olive oil in a pan and break the mince into smaller pieces then chuck into the pan and begin to cook.
4. While the mince is cooking on a low heat, place the mushrooms into a frying pan with a bit of melted light clover butter and cook until slightly brown.
5. Trim the fat off the bacon and throw into a pan.
4. Once the meat has turned brown and the mushrooms and bacon is cooked, add them to the mince along with the onion and garlic.
5. Next, add the Dolmio sauce and continue to simmer your concoction until the pasta is ready.
Tip: you know the pasta is done by throwing it at the wall until it sticks 😉
6. When the pasta is ready, serve In a dish and top with the mince meat and sauce.
7. Whack the garlic bread in the oven for 5 minutes and serve alongside your spag bol with a bit of salad too 🙂