It’s a Sunday and all I wanted was a homemade roast but due to living in a flat at the minute, roast utensils are slightly limited! Next best thing? Cajun pork chop with sweet potato and ample amounts of veg to beat the winter cold! Here’s how 🙂
1 pork chop
1 or 2 sweet potatoes depending on size
Mixed frozen veg
1. Coat the pork chop in oil so the Cajun will seep into it nicely. Roll it around in the spice so it is completely coated.
2. Leave the pork to marinade and place the sweet potatoes on a microwavable plate. Pierce with a fork and put in the microwave for 4 minutes to soften.
3. Cut the potatoes into squares or wedges, whatever you prefer. Place on a baking tray with a tiny bit of oil and put in the oven for around 15-20 minutes.
4. Put the pork chop either on a griddle or in a frying pan and slowly cook for around 15 minutes.
5. Next, veg time! Anything you want whack it all in! I chose mixed frozen veg so put that on the stove until it’s slightly soft. Shred the cabbage and put that in with the mixed veg for 5 minutes at the end.
6. Chop the mushrooms into slices and adding a teeny bit of butter to the same frying pan as the pork, fry the mushrooms until golden brown. The flavours mix together and it is awesome!
7. Cook the spinach in the microwave for 2 minutes with a bit of water or eat it simply as leaves.
8. Add 3 dessert spoons of gravy granules to a measuring jug and pour in boiling water. More water makes it thinner. I opt for thick gravy. I mean really thick!
9. Put everything together and boom! Yum! 🙂