It’s hard constantly trying to think of new ideas for lunchtime that will give you the energy to get through the rest of the day without making you bloat like a whale
Having bloat problems myself, I actually found that it doesn’t happen with Halloumi. Okay so it’s not the healthiest cheese in the world but we’re all entitled to something tasty now and again and if you pair it with some spinach leaves, avocado, peppers and tomatoes, you have a summer salad that leaves you fuller for longer with all the added health benefits 🙂
- 30g Halloumi Cheese
- Fresh spinach leaves
- Cherry tomatoes
- Peppers (any colour)
- Avocado (as much as you feel necessary – I love it!)
- Cut the halloumi into semi-thick slices and weigh on scales to ensure not to over-eat. It tastes so good and is relatively small once cooked so its easy to go over board (not the fat intake we desire).
- Grill the halloumi under a medium heat until it starts to turn golden brown. It may start to slip through the grill so if you have a griddle to use on the hob, do that instead.
- Arrange the salad, spinach leaves as a bed with the rest on top.
- Once the halloumi is done, place on top of the salad.
It’s so yum you don’t even need a dressing (that’s wasted calories anyway).