These pancakes are great for when you need a little help in the digestive area and plain old prunes just isn’t doing for it you (plus they’re gross).
Ingredients: Makes 8 small pancakes
1 and 1/4 cups of wholemeal flour
1 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsn baking powder
1 tspn sugar
2 tbsn olive oil
2 tbsn water
3 tbsn of flax seed (whatever flavour your prefer)
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl together apart from the flax seed.
2. Once you have a mixture, gradually add each tablespoon of flax.
3. If you have a small frying pan this is preferable as it makes lovely scotch pancakes, if not a small non-stick pan will do for bigger pancakes.
4. Place a little oil or spray it in the pan and heat it up.
5. Grab a shallow ladel and spoon enough mixture into the pan to make a round pancake but so it is level in the pan.
6. Cook until the edges start to brown and then flip with a spatula.
7. Press down on the pancake with the spatula to make sure all the mixture within is cooked.
8. Once pancakes are done cover some with banana and strawberries and munch for a delicious breakfast or brunch.